When it comes to effective hair treatments, coffee for hair definitely takes the gold badge. It is not for nothing that hair care fans have begun to reserve those morning cups to take advantage of them within their beauty routine.
Caffeine is well known for providing a boost of antioxidants and nutrients to the body and, when we talk about hair, it seems that the benefits multiply. Whether you are looking for much longer hair or you want to revitalize it to the maximum, coffee will be the ideal complement to your hair routine.
Take note! We tell you all the reasons why you should use it and the best way to take advantage of it.
What are the benefits of coffee for hair?
Since coffee is a powerful antioxidant, capable of promoting blood circulation, it restores hair, leaving it soft and shiny. In addition, it prevents break and premature hair aging.
Detoxifies the scalp
Due to its purifying properties, coffee deeply cleanses the scalpabove all, thanks to its exfoliating power that facilitates the elimination of toxins and waste that accumulate throughout the day.
Reduces hair loss
According to a study published by the International Journal of Dermatology, caffeine is an effective inhibitor of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), an androgenic hormone that weakens hair causing it to fall out. Therefore, its topical use strengthens the hair follicle, mitigating the hair loss and stimulating the growth.
dye the hair
as well as the henna, coffee works as an excellent temporary natural dye. Thanks to its intense dark pigments, it serves both to darken the hair and to intensify its natural color and even to make the highlights much more subtle. white hair.
How to use coffee for hair?
coffee scrub for hair
He scrub of coffee is not only amazing for the skin, but also for the hair!
- Mix some ground coffee with coconut oil, Honey either aloe vera —depending on the need of your mane.
- Give a meticulous massage over the entire scalp, using circular movements.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
coffee oil for hair
Coffee oil is one of the best treatments to repair weak and dull hair. Whether you buy one at a health food store or make it at home, it’s extremely effective if you use it from mid-lengths to ends once a week.
To do it yourself:
- You need to mix a cup of olive or coconut oil and 3/4 cup of ground coffee.
- Combine both ingredients in a container until you have a cream with a uniform texture.
- Store the mixture in a jar, close the lid, and let it sit for three to four weeks.
- When this time has elapsed, strain the infusion and let the oil act for half an hour.
- Remove with lukewarm water.
coffee hair dye
- Prepare two tablespoons of ground or grain coffee in two cups of boiled water.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Then pour it into a spray bottle.
- Wash your hair as normal and then, using the sprayer, apply the coffee to the gray.
- Massage the coffee into the hair and scalp for several minutes.
- Wear a shower cap and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with cold or lukewarm water, and pat dry.
Do this same procedure once a week. You can also mix coffee in your usual shampoo, to reinforce its effect. In a few weeks, you will see that the gray hairs disappear and your hair becomes healthier, stronger and shinier.
What is the coffee hair mask for?
By combining different natural ingredients with coffee and applying it as a mask once a week, you can make your hair look stronger and healthier. In addition, it will work as a great moisturizer while preventing hair loss and acting as a purifier for the scalp. Your hair will look with body and volume. Take note!
Coffee with honey hair mask
- In a small container, mix two tablespoons of ground coffee, two of coconut oil and two of honey, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. You can add a drop or two of Rosemary oil.
- Apply the mask to damp hair, from mid-lengths to ends.
- Gently massage the scalp (in circular movements) with the mask for a few minutes to stimulate blood circulation.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave to act for 30 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
What happens if I put coffee in my shampoo?
Some people prefer to add a little coffee to their favorite shampoo to get all its benefits (which we listed above). You can get greater shine, strength and prevent fall. Of course, it is better to boil it and add it to the product instead of mixing it whole or ground, to avoid leaving residues on the scalp.
Also avoid being soluble and decaffeinated. For every 100 ml of shampoo, add 30 ml of coffee and mix well. They take into account that when trying to incorporate it with some formulas, they will probably not be compatible and will cut, like water and oil. In this case, better avoid mixing.
shampoo with coffee
Despite the fact that coffee has multiple benefits if it is applied pure and topically, formulated products are more recommended to avoid side effects or allergic reactions.
The new line of shampoo, conditioning treatment and Sedal Coffee & Castor Oil combing cream promotes hair growth and strengthens it. Up to 97% of its ingredients are of natural origin! Contains active coconut oil, which adheres to the surface and penetrates the hair fiber, softening and aligning the hair. In addition, it is enriched with caffeine, which stimulates the hair follicles, and Castor oilrich in protein, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants: the perfect combination for healthy hair development!
side effects of coffee on hair
Although coffee can be your best ally in hair health, the results vary from person to person and can cause some side effects.
Rarely, allergic reactions can manifest as itching, redness, or irritation of the scalp. If this is your case, it is better to avoid it.
Similarly, if you suffer from an allergy to coffee when you drink it, do not apply it topically.
Editor’s tip: To avoid unwanted effects on the scalp, mix ground coffee with a few drops of water and apply it to your wrists. Leave to act for half an hour and remove with lukewarm water. If after 48 hours your skin has not presented an allergic reaction, you can use it on your hair.
The post These are the reasons why you should use coffee for your hair appeared first on All Things Hair Mexico.