The frosted tips they conquered the first decade of the 2000s, every member of NSYNC wore them and everyone wanted to imitate them. However, this staining technique is nothing like the hair frosting, except for the blonde highlights that illuminate the hair.
Frosty, cold, and natural like the snow that falls on the trees in winter: this is the effect that this type of wick achieves. They’re high-maintenance because of the bleach and blonde dye, but if you’re willing to commit, then browse our gallery of images for inspiration and a run to the salon.
What is ‘hair frosting’?
He hair frosting is a coloring technique very similar to balayage, which is done freehand and lightens the hair. The difference lies in the tint tones, which, in this case, are usually cool blondesalthough there is always room for the warm ones.
In addition, the strands are bleached and sometimes do not need to be dyed. In fact, the point is to leave the darker adjacent areas undyed, to give the hair highlights and shadows, movement and depth. Therefore, the contrast is high and the finish is natural. As for the highlights, these can be done from the roots or from the middle to the ends, depending on the effect you want to achieve.
Stuart Marsh, color director at Taylor Taylor London, created the concept of hair frosting, referring to the frost that leaves the snow on the trees during the coldest season of the year.
‘Tips’ to keep your ‘hair frosting’ impeccable
- Wash your hair two days after dyeing it. To seal the dye in your hair, it is necessary to wait 48 hours before the first wash.
- Space out the washes. Wait 48 to 72 hours between each time you wash your hair to prolong the life of your color effect.
- Wash with shampoo for colored hair. Your best option to maintain a vivid color is the duo of shampoo and TRESemmé Pro-Radiance Color Conditioneradded with marula oil and resveratrol to hydrate, care for color and restore hair shine.
- Paraben-free products will be your allies. You should know that parabens are the worst enemies of dyes. To take care of the color, choose products like the Sedal Coffee and Castor Oil combing cream.
- Use a toning shampoo. To keep your bleached and dyed highlights free from yellowish or greenish tones, use once a week a toning shampoo.
The post What is ‘hair frosting’ and how to wear it in 2023 appeared first on All Things Hair Mexico.