Coloring techniques are updated each season. This time, the balayage that we know evolves to give rise to a new trend: the balayage with platinum wicks.
It is not a secret what is behind this coloration. It is the usual sweeping technique, but exclusively using the platinum blonde color in the shade to achieve a daring and fun mane, without the base or natural color being the protagonist.
We invite you to get to know the bases of this technique in depth and to be inspired by the different ways of wearing them in our gallery.
What are ‘balayage’ highlights?
The word balayage It means “brushstroke” in French and consists of bleaching some strands in a degraded way to bring a lot of light and movement to the hair. These are strategically designed to be noticed when the light reflects on your hair.
One of the biggest advantages of this technique is that it looks very natural and can be manipulated to illuminate specific angles of your face. Take coloring to a new level with the balayage with platinum highlights!
How to make the wicks platinum?
to get some white streaksbeige, gray or silver, you must use a platinum blonde dye (usually it is number 10.1), mixed with 10 volume developer in a 1:1 ratio, that is, the same amount of dye as oxidizer.
- Box dye, preferably a special one to make balayage.
- If your dye is conventional—and not one indicated for highlights—you need a highlight brush.
- Towel to cover you.
- Shampoo and conditioner for colored hair.
- Brush your hair perfectly and make a zigzag parting in the center.
- Starting at the bottom, section the hair into sections, also in a zigzag pattern. You will dye a strand yes and one no.
- Prepare the mixture and apply it to the desired strands, using the highlight brush. You will get a better result if you separate the strand well from the scalp. Avoid contact of the dye with the scalp as much as possible, as this effect is characterized by starting a few centimeters lower. When the roots start to grow, your looks it will be much more natural.
- Working the hair at the back of your head requires the use of two mirrors or better yet, the help of a friend. The application time depends on the natural color of your hair and the degree of bleaching desired.
- When the application time is over, rinse the hair with water before washing it with the shampoo and TRESemmé Pro-Radiance Color Conditioner, added with marula oil and resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant to hydrate, care for color and restore shine to colored hair. Its technology helps maintain a vivid and long-lasting color.
Editor’s tip: Keep in mind that unless your hair is light blonde, you’ll need to pre-bleach it to an extra-light blonde.
Tips to care for and maintain your platinum balayage
Choose the ideal washing system
When bleaching and dyeing your hair it is important that you use special products for colored hair. He shampoo and TRESemmé Shielding & Regeneration Conditionerformulated with Nano-Shield Technology, restructure the inside of the hair, making it up to 100 times stronger and protecting it against harmful external factors.
visit your colorist
At least once a month, you should maintain your balayage to prevent it from becoming opaque and losing intensity. If attending the salon is not an option, you can tint it from home with the help of a purple shampoo.
Keep your hair hydrated
It is also advisable to add an extra dose of hydration to your care routine. We recommend doing it with Dove Complete Reconstruction Daily Super Moisturizer that provides immediate repair and helps damage due to external factors and dryness not come back!
The post The ‘balayage’ with platinum highlights is the color trend for the most daring appeared first on All Things Hair Mexico.