Do you dream of a change of scenery and you want to spend an extraordinary vacation? Know that there are, in all four corners of the world, places so incredible, that you will have the feeling of being on another planet … Trip Advisor thus established a small classification, according to the votes of the members of its community, and the result is breathtaking.
For desert lovers, five magical places to discover
1. The wave-sculpted red rock of The Wave – Coyote Buttes North, located in Arizona, in the western United States, will offer you an extraordinary show.
© The Wave, Arizona – DR
2. Traveling to the Atacama Desert in Chile, you’ll enjoy a breathtaking panorama of lagoons and geysers. You will also have the opportunity to admire the splendid sunset of the valley of the Moon.
© CC – Davide Guallini
3. The desert of Sossusvlei in Namibia, which consists of a sea of red dunes – the highest in the world – will touch you with its purity and incredible beauty.
© CC – Laurent Reich
4. On Australian lands, the Pinnacles Desert will impress you with its limestone needles standing on the yellow dunes.
5. In China, a gigantic ensemble of imposing rocks rising from the ground gave its name to this unreal place: Stone Forest.
Surrealist landscapes, at the other end of the world
6. The island of Socotra in Yemen owes its unique charm to the magnificent trees – dragon trees – that have inhabited it for millennia. Its incredible environment gives it the appearance of an extraterrestrial planet.
© CC – Rod Waddington
7. On Bohol Island in the Philippines, you can admire the Chocolate Hills: 1268 hills, conical and of similar size.
© CC – mendhak
8. Discover Pamukkale, Turkey, and marvel at this natural place, with its tiered pools of hot water called tufa.
9. In Huanglong Park, China, a succession of beautiful natural turquoise pools nestle in the heart of a generous vegetation.
© CC – Kounosu
10. The Vale da Lua (Vale da Lua) in Brazil is home to unique rock formations. Carved by the river, they are the oldest on our planet.