Almost all relationships go through difficult times, emotional ups and downs that can be confusing and painful. Sometimes, we feel that we have stagnated or that the relationship is about to end. These types of situations can make us feel a lot of psychological discomfort, grief and feelings of guilt. Do you want to know how to save a relationship? Then we recommend you read this article.
However, we may still consider the idea of moving forward and fighting to recover the passion and love of yesteryear. Breaking a relationship is a very hard decision and is not always the solution to a crisis situation.
How to save a relationship that is about to end
Feeling that a relationship is about to end is a very hard and painful thought, it is a turning point in our life that can provoke many types of thoughts and doubts. Each relationship is unique and the reasons why this point has been reached can be several. The magic of the beginning may have vanished, you argue all the time and there may even be an episode of infidelity.
To save a relationship that is about to end it is important to detect the main reason for the situation, what has led us to this point? Finding the reasons why our relationship has collapsed can help us resolve the conflicts that have triggered the couple crisis.
Set your goals
Once the problem is detected, we have to set our goal or goal. If we are not clear that we want to save the relationship, it is possible that the plan to recover that loss does not go well. To reach our goal, we will have to assume short-term objectives, making small decisions that guide us towards enriching partner dynamics and strengthen our relationship.
Do not get frustrated
When a relationship is not going well, things are unlikely to improve quickly. Strengthening a couple is a slow and constant process. That is why we should not get frustrated if we fail to save the relationship in a few days, these types of procedures require patience and much care towards the other person.
Recover a worn-out relationship
One of the reasons why a relationship is about to end is because the bond between you has worn out over time. The routine, the few surprises and the little time you spend caring for the couple can be factors that influence the wear and tear of a relationship.
While it is true that the fire and the passion of the beginning disappear as the couple progresses, it does not have to mean something bad, love and care can keep alive the flame of love and make the bond last for much longer weather.
To recover a worn relationship, we can try to abandon the monotony through details, escapes and spontaneous signs of love. If the feeling is strong and real, we can probably save a monotonous relationship.
If you still have doubts, we recommend you read the following article to know what to do if a relationship cools.
Save a marriage
Many of the problems and ups and downs in couples arise over the years and with the arrival of stability in marriage. When the relationship we are trying to save turns out to be a marriage it can be considered a somewhat more complicated challenge. In this case, there are many factors to consider: emotional stability, shared expenses, family members and even children. Saving a marriage requires a lot of patience and effort.
How to recover a marriage after an infidelity
When we adapt to someone’s daily company and household responsibilities, we are likely to feel trapped in a routine and have a desire for freedom. These desires can manifest as tensions in the couple, discussions or, on the other hand, deceptions and infidelities.
One of the most complicated situations that a couple face is a fact of overcoming infidelity. For this, it is essential to learn to forgive and move forward without resentment, as long as the person who has been unfaithful assumes his responsibilities and is willing to change. If we are not able to forgive a deception, even though we feel a lot of love for the other person, it is better not to continue with that relationship.
How to save a relationship in crisis: tips
- Express what you feel before it is too late: sometimes, the relationship can be saved before a crisis is triggered. If there is something we do not like about a dynamic or we do not feel comfortable with any detail of our partner, it is better that we express it as soon as possible. In this way, we will give the other person the opportunity to change before the relationship wears out.
- Learn to ask for forgiveness and assume your responsibilities: if the relationship is about to end because of a mistake we have made, it is important to ask for forgiveness, learning from our mistakes and assuming that we have not acted well. This does not mean that we should punish ourselves forever and bear guilt, taking responsibility for our own acts implies learning to change and mature over time.
- Use assertive communication: if our goal is to recover a healthy and stable relationship, it is important to learn to communicate correctly, cultivate our emotional intelligence and express feelings in a clear and tolerant way.
- Be patient: going back to be well with our partner after such an important crisis is not going to be easy, it is a matter of time and much effort. For this, patience is the key to our efforts to save the relationship.
- Be clear about your goals: when we notice that a relationship is about to end, there are only two options left, fight or let it go. We must bear in mind that if we decide to fight it will be a long and hard road. If we are not clear about our goals, it will be very difficult to recover love and relationship.
This article is purely informative, in Psychology-Online we have no power to make a diagnosis or recommend treatment. We invite you to go to a psychologist to discuss your particular case.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to save a relationship, we recommend you enter our category of Love.