Although it is believed that facial hair should always be styled on both the upper and lower lip, this is not the rule! There are many flattering styles of beards without a mustache, which also take a few years off.
If you are looking for a change of looks or you just want to try new styles, go ahead and wear this trend and experience first-hand the practicality that it implies along with all its advantages. A point in favor to try it is that, if you don’t like the result, you can change it in a few days while the hair grows back.
What does it mean to wear a beard without a mustache?
In addition to giving constant maintenance to your beard to always have it well defined, outlined, clean and trimmed, you should completely remove the mustache with a rake or razor. Although in some cases the looks it could look weird and unbalanced, it is important to consider the style that best suits your face. For example, although goatees are very popular, wearing it without a mustache could affect the whole look. looks, because it will end up framing the contour, making it look round and not very defined.
How to know what type of beard without a mustache suits me?
The first step in this process is to identify your face type. Once you’ve done that, keep the following in mind:
- Beard without mustache for oval face. Opt for short beards and avoid bulk around the chin. Balance your face with little facial hair.
- Beard without mustache for oblong face. Choose a bushy and short beard. Avoid long, angled styles.
- Beard without mustache for round face. Grow your beard long and choose angled styles to visually lengthen your face. Avoid round cuts and focus the volume on the chin.
- Beard without mustache for triangular face. Opt for a long, bushy beard to create dimension and volume around the chin.
- Beard without mustache for square face. Choose beard styles that are short or medium to soften the jawline, and draw attention to the chin, with a little more density and volume than the rest of the face.
- Beard without mustache for trapezoid face. He prefers short and square beard types. Avoid volume in the cheek area.
- Beard without mustache for diamond face. Shape your beard and wear it short or long, any style favors you.
How to grow a beard without a mustache?
There are several beard styles they go very well without a mustache. Below we list the most popular.
goatee without mustache
The goatee is one of the most popular among those who prefer the most comfortable and fresh styles. Just a bit of facial hair on the chin can make all the difference and add a subtle, yet very striking touch.
long beard without mustache
You can choose between two options to wear this beard style known as brett. The first is to let it grow and settle naturally, while the second is to get extra-long length and then bring it into shape, be it round or angular.
Beard hipster no mustache
This beard style ––with an urban air and hipster–– it is ideal to control the density, thickness and volume. When the facial hair is very abundant and well defined, it is best to opt for a square outline on the cheeks and leave an angle at the chin.
Three-day beard without a mustache
Also known as stubble, the stubble is perfect for those who favor a casual, subtle look. It is enough to let the hair grow and preserve its natural effect.
faded beard without mustache
This beard style is known as a scoop and is excellent for highlighting the features. The clean space in the center opens the face and provides a rejuvenating effect.
Delineated beard without mustache
The magic of the beard is that you can customize it and adapt it to your style. You don’t always have to choose a symmetrical style, you can opt for an angled and stepped one like the one in the image.
short beard style without mustache
If you are young and the hair growth on your face is patchy, remove the mustache and opt for a short chin-length beard. By letting it take on more dimension in this area, it will be easier for you to adopt new styles later.
Egyptian beard without mustache
As portraits of ancient Egyptian pharaohs show, they wore short beards and retained facial hair only on the chin. Similar to the goatee, this style is ideal for elongating round and narrow faces.
Beard Style Lamb Chops
Although it is an unusual style on this side of the hemisphere, there is always the possibility of wearing it. The lamb chop type beard consists of letting the sideburns grow, so that they connect with the beard. Leaving a space in the center is key, and very functional to balance oblong and triangular faces.
Beard without mustache for round face
As we mentioned before, the best beard for this type of face is medium or long and with well-marked angles, to break the round contours. To design it, ask your barber to take the chin and the crown of the head as reference points, to cut it in this direction.
disconnected beard without mustache
He court fade It is experiencing its most popular moment among men of all generations. Although this usually reveals the skin above the ears, wearing a disconnected beard and without a mustache can be a flattering option, as it opens up the face and makes it look longer.
How to care for the beard?
- Wash it every day. He ax apollo liquid soap provides a deep clean and is also ideal for hair and body. Or, if you suffer from dandruff, opt for the eGo Control Dandruff Ultra Fresh shampoo.
- To stylize it, use soft products. If your beard is very long and you need to keep it under control, apply a little eGo Matte waxwhich allows you to achieve natural, flexible hairstyles with an opaque finish.
- Brush it and give it maintenance. Visit your barber or hairdresser occasionally for help in keeping your beard trim, well defined and trim. Also, remember that there are brush and comb kits to keep it stylized.
The post Beard styles without a mustache that will motivate you to let it grow appeared first on All Things Hair Mexico.